Monday, May 25, 2009

final thoughts

i'm not going to lie and say that my blogging will continue after the end of the school year. there's a good chance that this will be the final post from me, not that many of you read this and care. i'll continue to read the blogs of my classmates if they keep their blogs going.

my relationship with blogging has been a rough one. i was very aprehensive in the beginning. when i first heard the assignment that we would be keeping blogs i wasn't all that excited. blogs tend to bring up the image of 30 something men living in the basement of their parents' house. can you say creepers? we were given plenty of days in the lab to read actual blogs and try to find a topic for ours. i never really picked a topic, i've just blogged about anything and everything. blogging was very challenging for me at first; i would forget about it easily and when i did try to post it was a stretch to reach the 400 words. i almost wished that we just had writing notebooks because i could fill that easier than i could blog.

somewhere in the middle of the school year i began to actually like blogging. there was even a time when i got ahead on blog posts. i don't know what brought about this but the words just came easy and i just kept on typing. this is also about the time when i began to read the blogs of my classmates, and not just the blogs of my close friends. i became very interested in what everyone else had to say. needless to say, my enthusiasim for blogging may have faded but i still enjoy reading them to this day. blogging has gone back to that task that i don't really want to do and have to force the 400 words three times a week. i have often been behind on blogs.

when i treated the blog as strictly a homework assignment it became harder and harder to complete. it was something i saw as being required to do rather than me wanting to do. somewhere around half way through, when i began liking blogging, i wasn't thinking of it as a homework assignment. i was thinking of my blog as more of a place for me to just ramble on and say things that i didn't say during the day. i wish i could say that others would find my blog interesting like i find the blogs of my peers interesting but i don't think i can and i'm okay with that.

i didn't realize just how much i have written on here until i looked back at all my posts. there is a lot of writing here and i'm honestly glad that we did blogs instead of writing notebooks. it's been rough but it was worth it in the end.

No comments: